The Zonta Club of Myrtle Beach, led by Conference Chair Donna Poulton, offered District 11 a fabulousfall Conference!! It was 2 days loaded with conference activities... a Thursday night welcome reception, luncheons on Friday and Saturday, Friday dinner, speakers, entertainment, breakout sessions, a human trafficking panel discussion, and the Saturday night Celebration banquet!!
Thank you to all who were on the Conference Committee, and to all who participated in the planning and presentation of all activities. A special thank you to our ZI Representative, Lydia Chaillou, for your active participation in all aspects of the conference. Much appreciation to all of the clubs and individuals who took time out of your busy schedules to attend!
District Dues Increase
The Board proposed a District dues increase of $10.00 per member per year. Five dollars ($5.00) of the increase will go to the general operating budget and five dollars ($5.00) to the conference budget. The dues increase was adopted with a unanimous vote. This is the first increase since 2008 (10 years); the Board has kept it as minimal as possible.
District 11 Officers 2018-2020
- Governor: Linda Robison, Sanibel‐Captiva
- Lt. Governor: Charlene Thomas, Montgomery
- Treasurer: Donna Poulton, Myrtle Beach
- Area 1 Director: Kathy Johnson, Birmingham
- Vice Area 1 Director: No Candidate
- Area 2 Director: Lynette Rush, Hilton Head
- Vice Area 2 Director: No Candidate
- Area 3 Director: Bernadette Gibson, Nassau
- Vice Area 3 Director: Maria Crowley, Miami Lakes
- Area 4 Director: Judy White, Tallahassee
- Vice Area 4 Director: Christine Tomasetti, Melbourne
- Area 5 Director: Marcela Gomez Mascol, Ponce
- Vice Area 5 Director: Jean Rodriguez Pazo, Ponce
- Area 6 Director: Nancy Dreher, Sanibel‐Captiva
- Vice Area 6 Director: Dr. Janice Green, Naples
- Charlene Rains, Mobile
- Ernestine Davis, Greater Miami
- Cherry Temple, Myrtle Beach
District Service Project
RETHREADED is a social entrepreneurship that is breaking the cycle of the sex trade by offering viable and creative work to those affected by the sex trade (i.e. human trafficking prostitution, drug addiction, pornography and strip clubs). We will collect T-Shirts to donate to Rethreaded. Employees then make beautiful prodects from the T-shirts, which are then sold on their website www.rethreaded.com
WAYS ZONTIANS CAN HELP:
District 11 - Our Mission: to Empower Women Worldwide!